*Image Description: Above picture show a young boy from the movie "The Audacity to Exist" wearing a mouthguard, looking at something above the camera inside an indoor football arena.
We produce films to inspire change.
The Audacity to Exist :A documentary film on Deaf Education:
Creating a documentary film on Deaf Education has been a learning process for everyone involved. The system is so vast, with such complex variables involved, making it a challenge on a creative and logistics level to produce. We are very appreciative of the patience required to make this film a reality. It is our hope that the final product will serve as a constructive tool to educate the masses and to inspire a shift in perception of Deaf children and their education.
Much gratitude to those who contributed.
Audacity to Exist UPDATES:
- Spring/Summer 2016 - Apply for Film Festival Submissions
- Fall 2015 to Spring 2016 - Post-Production (editing/animation)
- Fall 2015 - Filming planned at ISD
- Summer 2015 - Filming planned at ISD
- February 2015 - Fundraiser in Indianapolis (TBA)
- Fall 2014 - Pre-Production meetings at Indiana School for the Deaf (ISD)
- August 2014 - Austin Balaich contracted as Animator
- Summer 2014 - Footages captured at Mini Deaf Olympics
- May 17, 2014 - Successful fundraiser by Ohio RID
- January 2014 - Family moved to Indianapolis, IN
- November 2013 - Chantal Deguire contracted as DP/Editor/Writer
- October 13, 2013 - Successful fundraiser at Knights Restaurant
- 2010 to 2013 - Footages captured in Ann Arbor, MI
- Year 2010 - The film project began
- Year 2007 - Jacob Mahoney was born